The house, built in the early 1940's, overlooks a spectacular view of a rushing waterfall on a bend of the north-flowing Still River. The house's location was chosen with care and named after Mr. Harden's native homeland area in Ireland where he spent much of his childhood. Throughout the Harden House are many paintings and artifacts acquired during their travels, as well as artwork collected and commissioned by the Hardens.
The museum's contents capture the state of the Harden's living style during the 1940's-1960's leading up to Mr. Harden's death in 1965.
In the library a portrait of Mr. Harden's father, James, hangs over the desk, while one of Mrs. Harden hangs over the mantle. Our founder's portrait is prominently displayed in the alcove adjoining the main entryway and the library. The Harden House can be reserved for private functions, showers or weddings by contacting the main office by clicking here, or by calling the Harden House at 860-799-6520.